Mike's Kale Pesto Pizza. Annnnd already we've lost about half. No, I go right on ahead and make this a VEGAN kale pesto, and I'm left with, like, three blog. Breakfast Pizza - kale pesto, sun dried tomatoes, sausage, cheese, herbs, and eggs baked right on top.
I'm seriously loving this white-pizza-gone-green with it's garlicky pesto base, ultra-melty medley of cheeses, and fresh veggies. The below recipe is for three feisty flatbread pizzas but feel free to eyeball the measurements (because hello, pizza!) based on how. This time it gets the cancer busting super food kale onto a super fast pizza snack. You can have Mike's Kale Pesto Pizza using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Kale Pesto Pizza
- Prepare 1 of pizza dough (I have one posted).
- You need 1 cup of kale pesto (I have that posted also).
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It's 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- It's 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It's 1 of baby arugula.
It is so very, very good. This is the kind of 'small' food that can tempt the feeblest of appetites, yet be a delicious Mighty Green Sauce is really a type of cooked kale pesto. It is great to keep in the freezer as a standby. For the Tuscan kale pesto: Place the entire dressed salad--including the hazelnuts, raisins and shaved pecorino--in a food processor and process to a fine Cut the pizzas into smaller pieces and serve immediately.
Mike's Kale Pesto Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness.
- Spread kale pesto leaving a small trim around the edges of pie.
- Spread the mushrooms evenly.
- Followed by the feta cheese.
- And finally the mozzarella.
- Place on bottom rack till almost done.
- Place on top rack to Brown top.
- Remove when done and top with baby arugula.
Tuscan Kale Salad with Lemon-Anchovy Dressing: In a large bowl, combine the kale. Portion size is the key to this recipe for Pita Pizzas with Kale Pesto, Tomatoes, and Bacon—take a whole pita per serving. For a make-ahead prep tip Make-ahead prep tip: Double the pesto portion of the recipe, and freeze half for a future pita pizza dinner. For this pizza, the secret is not in the sauce — it's in the oh-so-delicious crust. Chef and cookbook author Joshua McFadden's justifiably famous kale pesto inspired us to keep spreading the word that there is still no better or more delicious way to eat your greens.