Krazy Salt & Pepper Focaccia.
You can cook Krazy Salt & Pepper Focaccia using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Krazy Salt & Pepper Focaccia
- You need of For the Krazy Salt focaccia:.
- It's 6 grams of Krazy Salt (or herbed salt).
- Prepare 250 grams of ◇Semi-strong bread flour or all purpose flour (Lys d'Or brand).
- You need 5 grams of ◇Honey.
- It's 3 grams of ◇Sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of ◇Dry yeast.
- You need 155 of to 160 grams ◇Water.
- It's 25 grams of ◇Olive oil.
- Prepare of For the Krazy Pepper focaccia (Use the above ◇ ingredients plus the ones below).
- It's 4 grams of Krazy Pepper (or a pepper-herb mix).
- Prepare 5 grams of Salt.
Krazy Salt & Pepper Focaccia step by step
- The main photo shows a Krazy Salt focaccia baked in a 18 cm square pan. The one here is a loaf baked with Krazy Pepper..
- Use either Krazy Salt or Krazy Pepper. Don't add both or the herb flavor may become too strong..
- I used a 18cm square pan this time, but the dough amount is for 1 square loaf worth, so you can bake it in a square loaf pan too. Grease the pan beforehand..
- Put all the ingredients up to the water in the list in a bread machine, and start the "dough" program. Add the olive oil 5 minutes in..
- When the dough is done take it out onto a work surface and punch it down fairly hard to deflate it well. Round it off and rest for 10 minutes..
- If you are baking the dough in a square pan, deflate the dough seam side up, and roll flat using a rolling pin while pressing out more air. Put the dough into the pan and press the surface flat with your hands..
- Let it rise until doubled in volume. Start preheating the oven at the appropriate time to 200 °C. Brush with olive oil when the dough has finished rising, and make holes with your fingers..
- Lower the oven temperature to 180 °C and bake for 27 minutes. Take the bread out of the pan, and cool on a rack. It's done..
- If making a freeform loaf: After the dough has rested, roll out the deflated dough to 20 x 25 cm. Fold the top and bottom sides in towards the center, then fold in half..
- Pinch the seam closed, and place seam side down on a baking pan lined with kitchen parchment paper. Leave until it has risen to twice its volume. Start preheating the oven to 200 °C at the appropriate time..
- When the dough has finished rising, brush it with oil, and poke holes in the surface with your fingers. Lower the oven temperature to 180 °C and bake for 25 minutes. Cool to finish..
- This is a sticky dough. Put some oil on your hands when forming the dough. If you add 160g of water to the dough it will turn out to be a softer bread..
- This bread tastes best when it's freshly baked. Eat dipped in plenty of olive oil. If you toast it, it'll be quite crispy..