Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing. Making this moist bread dressing in a slow cooker is an excellent way to free up the oven for other dishes on a busy cooking day. This is an easy way to make 'extra' stuffing for a large crowd, saving stove space because it cooks in a slow cooker. Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing — This sausage stuffing is super easy to make since the slow cooker does all the hard work for you!
Remove the lid and gently stir the sausage into the stuffing. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow serving dish and garnish with the chopped. You can have Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing
- You need 1 pound of ground Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of (12-16 oz) bag of stuffing cubes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried cranberries.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of crushed rosemary.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of crushed thyme.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of no/reduce salt butter, melted.
- Prepare 2-4 cups of reduce/no salt chicken broth.
This classic sausage stuffing is flavored with basil, thyme, and sage adding such amazing flavor. Made right in your slow cooker it frees up your oven and makes it easy to transport. It slow cooks to perfection adding crispy edges and will be the best stuffing that you will ever make! Here is a good way to make your dressing if you need more oven space or love the stuffing texture that comes out of a stuffed turkey.
Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing/Dressing instructions
- Remove sausages from their casings. Heat up sausage in a skillet. As it is browning, break it up with a fork. Once browned, put it to the side..
- Spray the slow cooker or, better yet, put in a liner. You will thank me later..
- In large bowl mix the stuffing cubes with dried cranberries, sausage, ground black pepper, onion & garlic powder, poultry seasoning, ground sage, and then finally the crushed rosemary & thyme..
- Pour the butter on top, then stir together. Next, add the chicken broth until you get the moisture that you desire. For me, it took 3 cups of broth..
- Cook on low for 2- 3 hours. Check after 2 hours, then every half hour after that. Stirring as you check it out. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get it the way that I like it..
Plenty of slow cooker recipes are just dump and go. This one requires a little extra effort, but it makes a huge difference in the final product. Start by browning your favorite sausage in a medium skillet, then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. With slow cooker stuffing, you'll spend less time in the kitchen and more time making memories this holiday season. Place ingredients - including cubed French bread, chicken stock, sausage, celery and onion - into the crock.