Italian Meatloaf "My Way".
You can cook Italian Meatloaf "My Way" using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Meatloaf "My Way"
- You need 1 1/2 lb of 90% ground beef (I prefer 90% because its lean and theres enough fat in the sausage).
- It's 1 lb of ground Italian sausage.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2/3 cup of plain bread crumbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 1/2 cup of onion chopped very fine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese ( I prefer a good quality ).
- You need 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's 2 tsp of chopped garlic.
- You need to taste of fresh cracked pepper and sea salt (I rarely measure these two!!).
- It's 1/2 cup of condensed tomato soup mixed with two tablespoons water and 1 tsp Italian seasoning..
Italian Meatloaf "My Way" step by step
- Place beef and sausage in a large bowl. Mix all remaining ingredients except last one(that's the topping). Crumble mixture into meat and mix in very well....I use my hands....get in there!!.
- At this point I allow the meat to chill in the fridge for an hr or two but if time doesn't allow, form into a loaf in either a meatloaf pan or 9x13 pan..
- Bake at 350F for 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven and pour tomato soup mixture on top. Return to oven for another 5-10 minutes..