Chicken Cacciatore. Chicken cacciatore, an Italian hunter-style chicken braised in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, and white wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Chicken cacciatore is an easy skillet dinner that can be served up over either pasta or rice.
Cacciatore is popularly made with braised chicken (pollo alla cacciatora) or rabbit (coniglio alla cacciatora). The word cacciatore means "hunter" in Italian, which refers to a dish being prepared in a hunter style. Hunter style dishes typically contain onions, herbs, bell peppers. You can have Chicken Cacciatore using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of check legs (bone-in, skin-on).
- It's 1 1/2 lb of chicken thighs (boneless, skinless).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion, minced.
- You need 2 of red red bell pepper, finely diced.
- You need 1 cup of mushroom, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 ounce) of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of basil leave, rough chopped.
Chicken Cacciatore generally involves browning chicken pieces in a pot over high heat, then sauteing a mix of vegetables—onions, peppers Chicken Cacciatore! But we're not quite ready to serve yet. Chicken Cacciatore, also known as hunter's chicken, is a comforting and irresistible one-pot Enjoy this classic Italian Chicken Cacciatore Recipe served over your favorite pasta, rice, or mashed. This Chicken Cacciatore is a rustic, hearty chicken dish, a classic Italian comfort food made easy.
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- In a large skillet with high edges, heat 2 tbs of butter over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and place in the pan. Sear the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside..
- With the same pan on medium high heat, add onions, and peppers and saute for 2-3 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring for 2 minute. Add the garlic and stir until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes..
- Return the chicken to the pan and cover everything with the chicken broth. Reduce the heat to medium and bring everything to a simmer. Turn the heat down to low and continue to simmer (not boil) until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, about 30 minutes..
- Garnish with chopped basil and serve..
It's bursting with bright colors and fresh flavor. Here's what you need: chicken thighs, olive oil, mushroom, medium onion, red bell pepper, tomato paste, garlic, dried oregano, crushed red Chicken Cacciatore. featured in Red Sauce Recipes. Easy Italian Chicken Cacciatore recipe, an authentic Hunter Style Chicken Stew in Red Wine You knew I was gonna bring an authentic, easy Italian Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Italy for you. Chicken Cacciatore made in an Instant! The sauce is hearty and chunky, loaded with chicken, tomatoes, peppers and onions ( sometimes I add mushrooms too!) Great over pasta, squashta.