Puff Pastry Pizza Pie. The puff pastry and sun dried tomatoes are the star and this pizza is a refreshing change from the standard pie. The 'puff' makes for a delicate crust and requires that you cut it into small pieces. I forgot to poke holes in the dough and it poofed up until it cooled.
Great for a Halloween party food, lunch boxes or a spooky Halloween dinner! The crust is insanely flakey and pastry-like. Almost like pie crust, but in my opinion? You can cook Puff Pastry Pizza Pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Puff Pastry Pizza Pie
- You need 375 g of all butter puff pastry.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 10 slices of pepperoni.
- You need 125 g of mozzarella.
- It's of Heaped teaspoon of pesto.
- It's of Big squeeze of tomato puree.
- You need Pinch of mixed dry herbs.
- You need of Flour for thickening.
- Prepare Dash of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 80 g of strength 5 English cheddar cheese.
I actually find making regular pizza dough super easy, especially since I've been doing it for years. I kind of sometimes maybe accidentally on purpose bake a little puff pastry just to eat it… alone. Easy to make and I added homemade pizza sauce, hot peppers, olives, fake bacos (no fat)real tomato slices, sweet onions and Gorgonzola cheese to Puff Pastry Pepperoni Pizza. Pizza without having to make dough?
Puff Pastry Pizza Pie step by step
- Put tomatoes, pesto, olive oil, tomato puree & mixed herbs into a blender/food processor. Mix together until smoothish. Add flour to thicken sauce if desired..
- Grease a big, flat tray with olive oil. Put pastry onto tin. Add sauce in the centre and spread outwards half way..
- Place the pepperoni in a circle in the centre. Slice mozzarella and put in a circle on top of the pepperoni. Grate the cheese and sprinkle on top..
- Fold pastry over concoction from 4 sides. Brush top of pastry with olive oil. Put in oven for 15-20 minutes on gas mark 6. Longer if not yet golden brown..
Get the recipe from The Pioneer Woman. Hand pies: stupid easy to make, and you don't have to share. Courtesy of Oh My God Chocolate. This delicious puff pastry pizza recipe is here to satisfy your pizza cravings. Using pre-made puff pastry significantly reduces the prep and cooking time while delivering the classic pizza taste!