Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies.
You can cook Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies
- Prepare 250 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 250 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of thyme, dried.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 250 ml of water warm.
- It's 25 g of fresh yeast (or 7g dry).
- Prepare 350 g of feta cheese (app.).
Feta, Tomato and Thyme Hand Pies step by step
- Mix yeast with sugar and 50ml of the warm water..
- In your mixer bowl, sift the two types of flour and salt..
- Add thyme and blend for a few seconds. Add the tomato paste and the olive oil and start mixing on low speed..
- Add half of the water and the yeast mixture..
- Keep adding water, little by little, and knead on medium speed for about 4 to 5 min, till your dough is smooth and elastic..
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and give it a quick knead. Shape into a ball and put it in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean towel and let it rise for 45min..
- Flour your work surface and turn the dough out..
- Cut into 9 pieces. Each piece will make 2 hand pies. Smooth each piece with your palm and shape 9 small balls. Cover with plastic wrap to avoid skin forming..
- Take one piece of dough and roll out a small disk, about 15cm in diameter. Put 2 full tbsp in the middle and pinch the edges to seal it..
- Flatten it with your hand, then roll it out until it gets about 15cm in diameter. Roll the sheet to form a roll..
- Cut in half. Stretch each piece to get a little longer..
- Swirl both sides creating two opposite spirals. Fold in half, covering one spiral with the other. This way, you create layers of dough and cheese..
- Flatten it again and put in on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper..
- Repeat the process..
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C/400°F, middle position for 15 to 17min. till they're golden brown..
- If you end up with leftover feta, put it in a glass container, cover the surface with olive oil and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days..