15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. You're going to love this slow cooker soup, full of tender beans, Cajun seasonings, and chunks of Andouille sausage. A rich gumbo recipe with Cajun beans chocked full of spicy shrimp and smoky sausage. The development of this recipe was sponsored by Hurst's Beans.
Instant Pot (or slow cooker) Cajun Sausage and Beans. This spicy black bean soup recipe is quick and easy, made with spicy andouille or another smoked sausage, black beans, tomatoes, and vegetables. This Cajun Bean Turkey Soup recipe is the perfect way to enjoy leftover turkey. You can have 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- It's 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- It's 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need of Seasoning packet from beans.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- You need 4 cups of filtered water.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It's 1 of ham hock.
- Prepare 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- It's of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of For rice 👇.
- You need 3 cups of white instant rice.
- You need 3 cups of filtered water.
- It's 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It's 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It's 4 tablespoons of butter.
Add reserved seasonings from bean mix,ham bone, dried beans, stewed or diced tomatoes with liquid and pour in just enough chicken broth until bean mixture is I have made this several times and it is always a family favorite! Stir tomatoes and Cajun seasoning into sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped fresh We Also Love. You can find packages of bean soup mixes in the dried bean section of your local grocery store.
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice step by step
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
I love that you used smoked sausage - bet it was very tasty. The blend is great for soup because some of the. Vegan, high protein, tasty & easily made in the slow cooker, instant pot or on the stove. Frontier Soups Gluten Free Natural Soup Mix Add remaining ingredients and simmer on In large pot mix corn, pinto beans, Rotel, Cajun tomatoes, and tomato soup.