Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms. tablespoon basil, freshly chopped. bread, assorted crusty style to serve. In a large skillet, melt butter and add the garlic. Over medium heat saute garlic until soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
I usually do not use basil with them, but I'm glad I tried it this time and they tasted so fresh and flavorful. I'm very excited about the product used in this recipe. Buttery Garlic Mushrooms with a flavour twist! You can have Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms
- You need 1 can of whole peeled Roma tomatoes (28oz), reserve juice I prefer San Marzano tomatoes for the quality, but any will do.
- Prepare 14 of Fresh basil, torn into medium-sized pieces.
- It's 6 clove of Fresh diced garlic.
- It's 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 1/4 tsp of kosher salt (add more/less to taste).
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need dash of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
- It's 1 tbsp of Fresh parsley, torn.
- Prepare 1 can of sliced mushrooms (13 oz)**you can use fresh if desired, but may need to simmer a bit longer due to their water content **.
- You need 1 box of Angel Hair pasta (or your preferred type).
The herb garlic butter sauce is so good, you'll be serving these mushrooms with everything! Place the garlic on a cutting board and rest the flat side of a wide knife over one clove at a time. Break the tomatoes apart with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the basil leaves and stir to.
Fresh Garlic-Basil Pomodoro with Mushrooms instructions
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Cook diced garlic in oil on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove from heat..
- The fun part (lol): With clean hands, take each whole tomato from the can and crush into saucepan with your garlic. Use your fingers to make sure the tomato pieces are not too large. ** Take care, the tomatoes will "squish" out their contents ALL over if not careful :)** Add remaining tomato juice from can. Stir..
- Put garlic/tomato mixture back on heat and add water, sugar, pepper and kosher salt. Simmer for 5 mins..
- Add basil, parsley, mushrooms and red pepper flakes. Add any large stems from the basil to add flavor. Stir and simmer for another 30-35 mins on med-low heat, or until sauce cooks down to your desired thickness. Remove basil stems. Sauce is ready for the table or the freezer :).
- Cook pasta per directions and serve with sauce. **Note: I have added numerous ingredients to this simple and versatile sauce. It goes great with olives, artichokes, shrimp or zucchini added. Pair with pasta, chicken, rice...etc. I usually serve with crusty bread and lots of parmigiano cheese! Enjoy.**.
The Best Thai Garlic Mushrooms Recipes on Yummly Thai Rice With Black Trumpet Mushrooms And Chicken, Garlic Mushrooms, Garlic Mushrooms. A very simple recipe to mix up plain fried mushrooms. French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese. We recommend using the Parmesan Garlic Butter in some of the following recipes: Sauteed Mushrooms; Parmesan Basil Garlic Bread; Parmesan Basil Garlic Spaghetti That will give you a longer shelf life and a fresher taste.