You can have Spinach Risotto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach Risotto
- You need 8 ounces of cold Taleggio (you can use Fontina or Brie instead, just remove the rind).
- You need 10 of ounces/8 packed cups spinach, any thick stems removed.
- You need 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cups of finely diced celery.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely grated or mined.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Arborio rice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt, more as needed.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- It's 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
Spinach Risotto instructions
- Cut the rind off the Taleggio (or the other cheeses) and discard. Dice the cheese into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside at room temperature as you prepare the rice..
- Line a colander with a clean dish towel and place spinach inside. Heat about 8 cups of water until boiling, then pour over spinach; the spinach will wilt. Let spinach sit until cool enough to handle, then use the dish towel to squeeze out the water. Transfer spinach to a food processor and blend with 1 tablespoon butter until smooth. (You’ll end up with about 1 cup of purée.) Reserve.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery and garlic; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in rice and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook until toasted and golden, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in wine and cook until it’s absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often but not necessarily continuously, until the stock is finished and the rice is cooked through but not mushy, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Stir in spinach purée, then taste and add more salt, if needed. Add Taleggio (or Fontina / Brie) and stir to melt. Serve immediately.