Tomato mozzarella grilled cheese. This caprese grilled cheese is delicious. Lay the slices of sourdough out on a work surface. Assemble sandwich by smearing insides of bread slices with pesto.
These are no ordinary grilled cheese sandwiches.they feature whole wheat bread filled with tomatoes, basil, and melted mozzarella cheese.yum! How to make Caprese Grilled Cheese: **Scroll down to see full ingredient list and printable recipe**. This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella. You can cook Tomato mozzarella grilled cheese using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato mozzarella grilled cheese
- Prepare 4 of roma tomatoes.
- It's 8 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 8 of fresh basil.
- You need 8 slice of Italian bread.
- It's of salt.
- It's of pepper.
I was reading a book for work and came across this quote by Michael D. Begin by slicing up the mozzarella, tomatoes and bread. Spread olive oil on the backside of two slices of bread. Heat up a skillet and put the olive oil side down.
Tomato mozzarella grilled cheese step by step
- Slice tomatoes. Spread slices out onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt pepper if desired. Turn oven to broil. Broil for ten minutes checking to make sure the tomatoes don't stick..
- Brush bread with olive oil. Place oiled side of bread down in a skillet. Top with two basil leaves. Place tomatoes on basil leaves. Top with mozzarella cheese. Brush another slice of bread with oil. Place bread oiled side up on top of cheese..
- Cook in a skillet until bottom slice is brown and then flip and brown the other side. Cook until both sides are browned and cheese is melted. Enjoy!.
However the cheese started drying out very quickly after I set the tray out. It tasted much better when I started making them than when they actually were eaten just about an hour later. Molten mozzarella cheese will absolutely spill out the sides of your grilled sourdough, as will drips of pesto and chunky buttery garlic tomato sauce, and you will This Caprese Grilled Cheese is loaded with basil pesto, a thick and chunky garlic butter tomato sauce, and fresh mozzarella cheese, all on. Grilled cheese is just about as good as it gets in terms of comfort food. Hot, melted cheesy sandwiched in-between buttery bread is *Note: Marinated mozzarella is mozzarella that has been soaked in Italian dressing for a short or long period of time.