Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad. Photograph: Louise Hagger for the Guardian. This salad, which was featured in a Times article about Yotam Ottolenghi, was adapted from "Plenty," his first cookbook It is rich with vegetables and fresh herbs, and is dead simple to make The salad comes together in under an hour, and is substantial enough for a warm evening's supper. Recreate the dishes at home to impress friends at dinner parties and family on special occasions.
I love Ottolenghi's choice of conchiglie pasta — or shells — in this dish, because they act as little cups, allowing the sauce to pool. Buy delicious freshly made Ottolenghi products, hard to find pantry ingredients and signed books from our online store, delivered worldwide. Hummus with grilled quail, pomegranate molasses and parsley salsa. You can cook Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad
- Prepare of Salt and Black Pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 3 of medium courgettes cut in 1/4 inch slices (slightly diagonal).
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tbsps red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of edamame beans or peas (frozen).
- You need 2 cups of basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- It's 1/4 cup of parsley leaves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 9 oz of pasta (penne or strozzapreti).
- You need of Zest of one lemon.
- You need 1 1/2 of tbsps capers.
- Prepare 7 oz of buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks.
Champagne and saffron jelly with cardamom shortbread. The Best Ottolenghi Recipes on Yummly Brussels Sprout Risotto Ottolenghi, Ottolenghi - Burrata Salad, Ottolenghi Soba Noodles. Ottolenghi-inspired Labneh With Fried Chickpeas In Garlic ButterDelicious.
Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad instructions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil..
- While you’re waiting, in a medium saucepan or skillet, heat sunflower oil over medium-high heat. Fry zucchini slices in batches for about 3 to 4 minutes, flipping once, until golden on both sides. [If your zucchini isn’t browning right away, bump up the heat until it does in just a few minutes.] Drain in colander, shaking with a couple pinches of salt, then transfer to a large bowl and pour vinegar on top. Set aside..
- In the hot water, cook edamame for 3 minutes, frozen peas for 3 to 4 minutes, or fresh peas for 1 to 2 minutes (to taste). Drain and run cool water over until lukewarm. Set aside to dry. Leave pot boiling, then cook pasta until al dente in it. Drain and rinse under cold water..
- Combine half of basil and all of the parsley and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, then season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer pasta back to empty pot. Add fried zucchini and any juices, basil-parsley oil, edamame or peas, lemon zest, capers and mozzarella. Stir gently together, then season generously with salt and pepper. Right before you serve it, stir in remaining basil leaves..
Share your photos of Ottolenghi or your recreations from the Ottolenghi cookbooks! Now ReadingYotam Ottolenghi's Cauliflower, Pomegranate and Pistachio Salad. RELATED: Yotam Ottolenghi's Roasted Butternut Squash with Lentils and Gorgonzola. Classic Yotam Ottolenghi - bright and zesty with lemon flavours but not too sharp because it's Or this entire Chickpea Salad, actually. This courgette and ciabatta frittata is a regular feature at home on the weekend, when my husband Karl and I are feeding friends.