Chicken Cacciatore. Chicken cacciatore, an Italian hunter-style chicken braised in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, and white wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Chicken cacciatore is an easy skillet dinner that can be served up over either pasta or rice.
Cacciatore is popularly made with braised chicken (pollo alla cacciatora) or rabbit (coniglio alla cacciatora). The word cacciatore means "hunter" in Italian, which refers to a dish being prepared in a hunter style. Hunter style dishes typically contain onions, herbs, bell peppers. You can cook Chicken Cacciatore using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- It's 12 oz of Egg noodles.
- You need 15 oz of chunky Italian style tomato sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It's 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
Chicken Cacciatore generally involves browning chicken pieces in a pot over high heat, then sauteing a mix of vegetables—onions, peppers Chicken Cacciatore! But we're not quite ready to serve yet. Chicken Cacciatore, also known as hunter's chicken, is a comforting and irresistible one-pot Enjoy this classic Italian Chicken Cacciatore Recipe served over your favorite pasta, rice, or mashed. This Chicken Cacciatore is a rustic, hearty chicken dish, a classic Italian comfort food made easy.
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions. Drain. Keep warm..
- While noodles are cooking, combine tomato sauce, onion powder, & mushrooms in microwavable dish..
- Cover dish loosely with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Microwave on High for 6-8 minutes. Stir mixture halfway through cooking time..
- While sauce is cooking, coat large nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat..
- Cook chicken in skillet until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add sauce to skillet. Add salt & pepper..
- Reduce heat to medium & simmer until an instant read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 180 degrees, about 12-15 minutes..
- Serve chicken & sauce over noodles..
It's bursting with bright colors and fresh flavor. Here's what you need: chicken thighs, olive oil, mushroom, medium onion, red bell pepper, tomato paste, garlic, dried oregano, crushed red Chicken Cacciatore. featured in Red Sauce Recipes. Easy Italian Chicken Cacciatore recipe, an authentic Hunter Style Chicken Stew in Red Wine You knew I was gonna bring an authentic, easy Italian Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Italy for you. Chicken Cacciatore made in an Instant! The sauce is hearty and chunky, loaded with chicken, tomatoes, peppers and onions ( sometimes I add mushrooms too!) Great over pasta, squashta.