AMIEs PENNE with VEGETABLEs. Readers, give Amy a thumbs up if you like this recipe! Looking for fast, easy, and nourishing weeknight dinners? Recipes from our Quick Weeknight Meals contest.
Rinse the basil, shake dry and cut the leaves into strips. Drain the penne, mix with vegetables and serve sprinkled with basil. Add penne to boiling water and stir to prevent sticking. You can have AMIEs PENNE with VEGETABLEs using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of AMIEs PENNE with VEGETABLEs
- You need 320 grams of dried pasta (penne).
- It's 200 grams of green beans (fagiolini).
- It's 1 piece of carrot, thinly sliced.
- It's 1 piece of medium zucchini, thinly sliced (julienne).
- You need 1 of small eggplant, thinly sliced.
- You need 6 piece of cherry tomatoes (halved).
- It's 1 of fresh rocket leaves.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves (crushed).
- It's 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It's of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated pecorino or parmesan cheese, as desired.
Add penne and toss until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in basil and parsley. Serve hot, sprinkled with cheese if desired. Get a recipe for Penne with Salmon and Roasted Vegetables.
AMIEs PENNE with VEGETABLEs step by step
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to boil. Cook the green beans for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside..
- Heat the oil in a medium, heavy-based saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the garlic, and saute until golden. Add the chilli powder. Increase the heat to medium. Add the tomato and cook for 2 minutes, until just softened. Add the vegetables and toss to combine. Decrease the heat to low and cook for 6-8 minutes, until tender and flavors have developed. Season with salt and pepper. Keep it warm..
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add a tablespoon of salt. Cook the pasta, until al dente or according to the packet directions. Add the green beans at the last 5 minutes of cooking pasta. Drain well..
- Transfer pasta and beans to the vegetable sauce. Add the rocket leaves and cheese and toss to combine..
- Serve warm. Share and enjoy..
Penne with Cheesy Vegetables is one such exciting option dominated by cheese and loads of veggies flavoured with garlic, chilli flakes and of course, pepper. Adding corn flour dissolved in milk gives it a very creamy texture and pleasant mouth-feel. It is a satiating meal-in-a-bowl perfect for a busy day. Brush the vegetables with water, then cut into large pieces. The vegetables in a food processor blade, mix roughly.