Creamy Stewed Chicken.
You can cook Creamy Stewed Chicken using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Stewed Chicken
- You need 6 of Chicken Thighs (Interchangeable).
- You need 16 Oz. of Tub Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic.
- It's 1 of Bell Pepper.
- You need 1 of Fresh Tomato.
- You need of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Scallions.
- You need of Sofrito (Goya).
- It's of Chicken Stock.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- You need of Onion Powder.
- It's of Garlic Salt.
- You need of Oregano.
- Prepare of Italian Seasoning.
- You need of Chilli Powder.
- It's of Paprika.
Creamy Stewed Chicken instructions
- Contrary to popular belief, carefully wash and dry chicken. Get a little oil in the pan and sear chicken. Remove from pan..
- Add onions, garlic and mushrooms in the same pan the chicken came out of. Cook a couple minutes and add a few heaps of Sofrito to the party. Mix, cook a few minutes and add the pepper. Season throughly. It’s going to have a decent amount of liquid. Nobody cooks bland food for 2 hours..
- When your veggies get some colour, add the diced fresh tomato along with the canned ones. Get some heavy cream in there and a little more than half of the sour cream. Mix well..
- Return chicken to pan and add enough stock to cover them. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for about an hour and 15 minutes..
- Remove chicken from pan. It’s cooked now. Bring the mixture back up to a soft boil and reduce by about a half (keep lid off). In the meantime, you can debone your chicken..
- Add chicken to pan, add a heap of sour cream and simmer (covered) 10 minutes to incorporate flavors..
- Serve with rice, top with sour cream and scallions..