Russian or Italian ground chicken cutlets. Kotletki are beautiful little ground chicken cutlets, lightly flavored with fragrant dill and savory onion and pan fried or baked until golden brown. Chicken kotletki are most closely related to a mini meatloaf. Well no, not really a meatloaf more like hamburgers, without the bun.
Use half bread crumbs, half grated Parmesan cheese to coat the cutlets. Sautéed mushrooms are the traditional Russian accompaniment to chicken cutlets. Beets, glazed carrots, and mashed potatoes are other excellent. You can have Russian or Italian ground chicken cutlets using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Russian or Italian ground chicken cutlets
- It's 2 slices of crust removed white bread.
- It's 1/2 cup of half & half.
- It's 1 pound of ground chicken.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried dill (Russian version).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (Italian version).
- It's 3 tablespoon of butter at room temperature.
- It's 2 tablespoons of butter for pan frying.
- It's 2 tablespoons of oil for pan getting.
- You need 1 cup of bread crumbs (Russian version).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of bread crumbs (Italian version).
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese (Italian version).
Russian Chicken Cutlets is a dish, I bet you have never had before. Ground chicken, chopped onions, shredded zucchini are an unlikely marriage, but These cutlets are not something that I grew up with, these are a dish that was introduced to me only recently through my former fiance's mother. Frying up delicious Russian Ground Chicken Cutlets! Combine the bread with the meat (grind together if you have a meat grinder), and gradually beat in the softened butter, along with the salt& pepper, until the mixture is smooth.
Russian or Italian ground chicken cutlets instructions
- Tear bread into small pieces into a bowl.
- Add half & half, mix. Let sit until all milk is absorbed, about 2 minutes..
- Add to the bread, chicken and egg and 3 tablespoons of room temperature butter. Mix a little..
- Add salt, black pepper and dill. Mix Well..
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes..
- If Italian style, mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese. If Russian style, just use the bread crumbs..
- Place bread crumbs on a plate or bowl, what have you..
- Heat oil and butter in a no stick skillet, medium heat or even a tad lower..
- Separate your chicken mixture into 6 even parts..
- Form a cutlet shape, coat in bread crumbs, and place into the pan..
- Cook until golden brown, flip, cook until golden. Remove and serve..
- Note - i made a gravy from the oil left in the pan because my wife wanted a gravy, shown with gravy..
- Other things besides gravy, sour cream with dill. Mustard, steak sauce, chutney, things of that nature..
Grind the chicken fine then combine with the bread slices. ORIGIN: Dr.'s Pavel & Marina Pachenev, Uralsk-Kazakhstan. Rossella's Chicken Cutlets: simpler to make but equally as good and tasty as Nonna Romana's very popular Chicken Cutlets. Take each chicken cutlet, dip it in the egg wash and then dip it in the bread crumb mix. Make sure the cutlet is well coated on both sides.