Quick Meatball and Orzo Soup.
You can cook Quick Meatball and Orzo Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quick Meatball and Orzo Soup
- Prepare of soup.
- It's 2 lb of frozen meatballs, thaw out a bit.
- It's 1 small of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 10 cup of beef stock.
- You need 1 tsp of powdered garlic.
- It's 1 lb of orzo pasta.
- You need 14 oz of can of Italian style stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 lb of bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid.
- Prepare 1 of salt and fresh pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese to top each portion.
Quick Meatball and Orzo Soup instructions
- In stock pot on medium heat add oil. Saute onions and garlic together for 3 minutes..
- Add in meatballs and cook another 4 minutes..
- Add in garlic powder, tomatoes, stock and spinach. Raise heat to medium high and bring to boil..
- Add in orzo, reduce heat to medium and cook until orzo are just tender, 8-10 minutes..
- Check now for salt and pepper , add to your liking..
- Remove from heat, serve with a nice salad and crusty bread to dip in broth. Top each serving with cheese..
- NOTE: IF YOU PLAN TO HAVE LEFTOVERS, COOK ORZO SEPARATELY. ADD TO EACH SERVING. STORING WITH ORZO WILL RESULT IN ORZO SOAKING IN LIQUIDS AND BECOMING MUSHY..
- Recipe by taylor68too..