Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage.
You can have Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage
- Prepare 7 of Italian sausages.
- It's 2 of Cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz each).
- You need 3 of Chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 4 of Cups warm water.
- You need 2 of bags steamfresh carrots.
- It's 4 of medium diced potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 of green pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of head of green cabbage, diced.
- You need of Spices.
- You need 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of basil.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Crockpot Italian sausage and cabbage instructions
- Turn crockpot on High. Empty cans of diced tomatoes and all spices listed..
- Dissolve 3 bouillion cubes in the 4 cups of warm water..
- Dice potatoes and add to crockpot. Microwave steamfresh carrots 5 minutes each bag and add to crockpot..
- Cook sausage in a skillet with onion and pepper. I added a small amount of water to skillet..
- Slice sausage once cooked and cooled. Add to crockpot. Add cooked onion and pepper as well as leftover juices from skillet to crockpot..
- Dice cabbage and add half to crockpot. My 6 quart crockpot was full to overflowing. Cook 6 hours on high or until potatoes are tender..
- Once done, I plan on taking some liquid from the pot and cooking the rest of the cabbage in a skillet to add to the crockpot to extend the amount..