You can have Zucchini Boats using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- You need 1 pound of ground sausage (ground: beef, turkey, chicken optional).
- Prepare 8 oz of (1/2 16oz jar) hot salsa (mild optional).
- Prepare 6 of medium zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash.
Zucchini Boats step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground sausage, and drain off any grease. Add salsa and mix well, and let simmer for 5–7 minutes to let flavors meld..
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with egg and add Mrs. Dash (mix well).
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, and scoop out the center using a teaspoon..
- Place zucchini boats on a baking sheet, and spoon in a heaping teaspoon of ricotta mixture, then spoon on the salsa meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes..