Easy Fish Stew.
You can cook Easy Fish Stew using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Fish Stew
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion - sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves chopped.
- It's 1 of red or green pepper sliced thin.
- Prepare 5 of sun dried tomatoes sliced thin (optional).
- It's 1/2 lb of cod or haddock sliced into 3" pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of salmon sliced into 3" pieces.
- It's 2 of 14.5 oz. cans diced (or stewed) Italian or Mexican style tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 10 of shrimp (optional).
- You need 1 of good crusty bread.
Easy Fish Stew instructions
- In a 4 qt. pot over med to med/low heat add enough oil to cover bottom of pot and heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic (optional sun dried tomatoes). Cook a few minutes then add butter and finish cooking until onions are translucent..
- Add canned tomatoes and heat thoroughly. If you get stewed tomatoes make sure to slice them before adding them to the pot..
- Add fish cover reduce heat to just below med-low and set timer for 5 minutes..
- Gentle turn over pieces of fish to prevent them breaking apart. Continue cooking for 5 minutes more. If you're going to use shrimp, place them into the pot 3 minutes PRIOR to final cook time..