Chicken Sausage Pasta Casserole.
You can cook Chicken Sausage Pasta Casserole using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Sausage Pasta Casserole
- It's 12 oz of whole wheat rotini pasta.
- It's 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbls of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It's 8 oz of cooked italian style chicken sausage.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow pepper.
- It's 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh mushrooms.
- It's 2 tbls of water.
- It's 4 cups of marinara sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Chicken Sausage Pasta Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray..
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta and return to pot..
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove breadcrumbs to a small bowl; stir in Parmesan and oregano and set aside..
- In same skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate and drain any fat from skillet..
- Add pepper and onion to skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables start to brown and soften, about 5 minutes..
- Add mushrooms and water to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes..
- Add vegetables, sausage and marinara sauce to pot with drained pasta; toss to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake until heated through and cheese melts, about 25 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving (about 1 1/2 cups)..