Grilled Chicken with Jalapeño Cream Sauce. These Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas are irresistibly cheesy, stuffed with juicy chicken, both Monterrey Jack cheese and sharp cheddar cheese then doused in the most irresistible creamy jalapeno lime sour cream sauce - and of course topped with more cheese. You can customize the Cheesy Chicken. DIRECTIONS PLACE cilantro, jalapeños, seasoning, lime juice and garlic in blender or food processor; cover.
Use green or red sauce to top, along with Monterrey Jack. Prairie Farms Corporate Chef Rob shares an easy chicken recipe that will have your holiday guests begging you for the recipe. Verde Shrimp Enchiladas with Jalapeño Cream Sauce. You can cook Grilled Chicken with Jalapeño Cream Sauce using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken with Jalapeño Cream Sauce
- It's 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 3 of jalapeños.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 (12 oz.) of can evaporated milk.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese.
Also prepare the jalapeno cream sauce, as detailed below. To assemble the enchiladas, place a steamed tortilla This is delicious, I've also subbed chicken for the shrimp. Dillon's here in Kansas sells 'pulled' chicken in. While the chicken is absorbing sauce warm the tortillas, otherwise they'll break when you try to roll them.
Grilled Chicken with Jalapeño Cream Sauce step by step
- Chop jalapeños, garlic and 1/4 of the onion and place in food processor. Slice remaining onion and place aside for later..
- Process until finely chopped. Set aside..
- Salt and pepper both sides of your chicken breasts..
- Grill in oil in large skillet over medium high heat until thoroughly cooked. This usually requires about 8 to 10 minutes per side. Place in oven on low to keep warm until ready to serve..
- Melt butter in separate skillet. Add jalapeño mixture and saute for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add flour and mix until slightly pasty..
- Whisk in both milks and reduce heat to medium low..
- Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken..
- Add in parmesan cheese and heat additional 2 minutes..
- Saute remaining onions in small skillet in a little butter until caramelized..
- Serve chicken topped with caramelized onion and spoonful of jalapeño cream sauce. Enjoy!.
Place a spoonful of chicken on the tortilla. It gets thick and creamy as it cooks. The jalapeño adds just the right amount of heat to this dish while the cream soothes and tones down the lime. Sour cream mellows the heat from spicy smoked jalapeño chile peppers called chipotles. Brush chicken with melted butter; sprinkle with taco seasoning.