You can cook Mushroom Risotto using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Risotto
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 of table spoons butter, divided.
- It's 1 pound of baby Portobello / Crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice (you can't use any other rice for this dish).
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine (I use Sauvignon Blanc).
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Fresh ground pepper.
- You need 3 tablespoons of finely chopped chives.
- It's 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Mushroom Risotto instructions
- Warm 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 -5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoon butter to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with butter, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 20 to 25 minutes..
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, chives, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- PS: If the chicken stock is salt-free, add a bit of salt to the broth before you start adding it to the rice..