AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage. A local winery/restaurant serves a stuffed eggplant appetizer that is so delicious. While trying to duplicate it at home, I found this Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese-stuffed eggplant to be one of our favorite dinners. Sausage Stuffed Eggplant Boats filled with spicy sausage and topped with cheese.
Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan is a fun, easy twist on eggplant parmesan - these baked eggplant "boats" are hollowed out and stuffed with chicken sausage, tomato sauce How To Make Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan. Look for medium sized eggplants, white or Japanese would be perfect here. Paul Prudhomme's Sausage Stuffed Eggplant, from Chef Paul Prodhomme's Louisiana Kitchen. You can have AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage
- It's 2 large of eggplants.
- It's 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 large of garlic clove, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 small of onion, very finely chopped.
- You need 300 grams of spicy coarse-grained sausage, skinned and crumbled.
- Prepare 30 grams of soft white breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of pine nuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of capers, rinsed and dried.
- Prepare 1 large of egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 3 tbsp of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 large of ripe tomato.
- It's 1/2 of celery stick, very finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
These sausage stuffed eggplant bowls are as tasty as they are fun to eat. Velvety eggplant and spicy sausage topped with cheese. Today I went with more of an Italian theme with these stuffed eggplants. I used hot Italian sausage and sun dried tomatoes for the filling.
AMIEs Eggplants Stuffed with Sausage step by step
- Wash, dry and cut the eggplants in half lenghtways and scoop out all the flesh with small sharp knife, leaving just enough pulp to cover the skin. Be careful not to pierce the skin..
- Chop the pulp of the eggplants coarsely and place in a colander. Sprinkle with salt, mix well and leave to drain for about 1hour..
- Heat the oven to 190 °C..
- Put 3 tbsp of the oil, the garlic onion and celery in a frying pan and saute over a low heat until soft, stirring frequently. Add the sausage andcook for 20 minutes, stirring it constantly..
- Squeeze the liquid from the chopped eggplants and dry with kitchen paper. Add the pulp to the pan and fry gently for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Taste and adjust the seasoning..
- Add the breadcrumbs. After 2-3 minutes, mix in the pine nuts. Cook for another 30 seconds, then transfer to a bowl..
- Add the capers, egg, oregano, cheese and pepper to taste to the mixture in the bowl and mix well..
- Pat dry the insude of the eggplant shells. Oil a baking dish large enough to hold the eggplant shell in a single layer. Place the shells and fill them with the sausage mixture..
- Cut the tomato into strips and place 3 strips on the top of each eggplant half. Drizzle with the rest of the oil. Add 120 ml of water to the bottom of the dish, cover it tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 25 minutes..
- Serve, share and enjoy!.
Here is a great recipe for Sausage-Stuffed Eggplant. Bhushan Pradhane banvle omlette stuffed with sausages and cheese Gen. Stuff the mozzarella between the eggplant slices. Remove the sausage from the sauce and cut into ½-inch slices on a bias and tuck them in between the eggplant slices. Meaty breakfast sausage, earthy eggplant, and zesty Cook eggplant, sausage, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat Be a little cautious when determining when your penne's done - mine was fine when I drained it, but then I added all the hot and semi-liquidy stuff and it cooked a.