You can cook Italian Bread using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Bread
- You need of Dough.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Water, warm (110F).
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- It's 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar, Light.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It's 4 cup of Bread Flour.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of Active-Dry Yeast.
- You need of Coating.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Italian Seasoning.
Italian Bread step by step
- Place dough ingredients in bread machine, in the order listed. Select dough cycle, press Start..
- When first rise is complete, deflate dough on lightly floured surface. Form dough into two loaves..
- Place loaves seam-down on a cutting board sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover loaves in a damp cloth and let rise for 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Beat together egg and one tablespoon of water. Brush egg mixture over risen loaves and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. Make a single, lengthwise cut down the center of each loaf and move to baking sheet..
- Bake 30-35 minutes..