Cheesy potatoes and rice balls. The name alone is enough to make anyone's mouth instantly fill with saliva. Excited to turn those unwanted mashed potatoes and cooked rice in the refrigerator into awesome balled treats? Here's the simple recipe for making cheesy potato rice balls Sicilian Arancini are rice balls stuffed with cheese and other fillings such as cheese and meat, the coated with bread crumbs and deep fried.
This is a recipe to utilize your leftover food. If you have leftover Chinese rice you can easily utilize them in this dish. Cheesy, bacony, and deep fried, these loaded cheesy mashed potato balls are super easy and so incredibly good, you'll want to eat the entire batch. You can have Cheesy potatoes and rice balls using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy potatoes and rice balls
- You need 4 of medium sized Potatoes.
- It's of Leek.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need of Green pepper.
- It's 1 of Maggi.
- Prepare of Rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need cubes of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Grated mozzarella cheese.
- It's of Oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need of Egg1.
- It's 2 cups of Cooked rice.
We wouldn't blame you if you did. Start with either leftover mashed potatoes, or a pouch of Betty Crocker™ mashed potatoes, and add cheese, bacon. This will work with any mashed potato form russets, sweet potato, to red potatoes and try leftover arborio, jasmine, basmati to brown rice. Form into balls and roll in bread crumbs pressing in to coat the balls.
Cheesy potatoes and rice balls instructions
- First start by peeling and washing the potatoes then boil till very soft.
- Remove it off the heat and mash and set aside.
- Chop your leek and red pepper and set aside.
- Now wash and cook rice till soft drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing boil combine the mashed potatoes, rice, salt maggi leek red pepper egg Grated mozzarella and mix till perfectly soft then gradually start adding the flour till the dough is no more sticky.
- Then start scooping the dough and form a ball shake with it.
- Then gently flatten it with you palm and add the mozzarella cheese cube and roll it in to balls again.
- Allow it to set for 10 minutes before deep frying them till golden brown.
- And this is how cheesy it will look.
Place on a olive oil spayed cookie sheet. Cheese and potatoes, two ingredients that nobody refuses, come together in this exciting cheese potato balls starter. The best part is that this duo in Serve these cheese potato balls as a starter or snack or serve as a side dish with pastas,pizzas or baked dishes. Learn to make cheese potato balls. Classic Italian Arancini Rice Balls in bite size form!