You can cook Paleo Lasagna using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paleo Lasagna
- Prepare of 1st Layer.
- You need 1 lb of Zucchini shredded.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut flour.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It's of Meat Layer.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of Onion.
- You need 1 lb of Mild ground Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of Hot ground Italian sausage.
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 can of Stewed tomatoes diced.
- It's 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's of Cheese Layer.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1/4 of Shredded Parmesan.
Paleo Lasagna instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Shred fresh zucchini..
- Place shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen tea towel. (Don't use a terry-cloth towel unless you like lint in your food!) Wrap the towel around the zucchini and squeeze by twisting the towel. Be sure to stand over the sink! This removes the excess moisture from the zucchini..
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients for the first layer and mix well. I like using my dough hook even though this will not be a true dough. A fork or your hands will do just fine..
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and saute until translucent..
- Add sausage and garlic. Stir until browned..
- Add the rest of the Meat Layer ingredients and simmer on medium for 10 mins or so. Remove from heat..
- Grease a 13x9 glass dish. Add half of 1st Layer mixture and press with your hand or spoon until the layer touches the sides. Try to make the layer smooth and even, but don't worry if it isn't perfect. No one will know!.
- OPTIONAL: This is a very most dish. If you wish you can bake the first layer for 10-15 minutes to eliminate some of that moisture. This will also create a firmer bottom (kind of crumbly though). If you choose this option, watch it carefully so it doesn't brown. This will greatly alter the taste of the coconut flour and make it taste too "dessert-like.".
- Spoon half of the Meat Layer over the 1st Layer. Spread it out to all four sides like the other layer..
- Sprinkle half of the Cheese Layer over the Meat Layer..
- Repeat the layers.
- Place in the oven and cook until the cheese bubbles and starts to brown. (Approx 15-20 mins).
- Remove from the oven and allow 5-10 minutes for it to "set up.".
- Serve with a nice salad or my fav: Roasted Brussels Sprouts.