Romano Cheese Crusted Chicken.
You can have Romano Cheese Crusted Chicken using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Romano Cheese Crusted Chicken
- Prepare of CHICKEN.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounder or sliced to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of Romano cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste, divided use.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's red hot.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of THREE CITRUS BUTTER SAUCE.
- It's 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- Prepare 4 oz of butter, cold cut into cubes.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's red hot.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh chives.
Romano Cheese Crusted Chicken instructions
- Whisk eggs, water, hot sauce and half of pepper and salt in a bowl.
- On a plate combine flour, romano cheese , remaing pepper, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, shaking off excess then coat lightly but completely with flour/cheese mixtue.
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick skillt. Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Don't crowd pan. Remove chicken as done and tent with foil ..
- When all the chicken is cooked and removed add shallot and garlic to skillet and soften for a minute, then add orange, lemon and lime juice, reduce to a couple of tablespoond, add cream pepper, salt to taste and hot sauce and simmer another minute..
- On low heat, add butter cubes, a couple at a time, whisking all the time until butter is gone and sauce is creamy. Remove from heat.Whisk in parsley and chives.
- Serve sauce over chicken immediately as sauce can not be reheated succesfully.