Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. Part of the reason I almost never make stuffed peppers for us at home is the frustrating process of cooking them. If you're a fan of our famous Stuffed Peppers, this hearty stuffed pepper soup is for you!
This vegetarian stuffed pepper soup is a twist on the classic, boasting a hearty helping of fiber and protein from creamy red lentils. I tasted stuffed pepper soup for the first time several years ago at a restaurant in northern Wisconsin and was immediately smitten. You could substitute ground turkey if you wanted. You can have Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker
- It's 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It's 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It's 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- Prepare of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
Or turn it into a vegetarian slow cooker stuffed pepper soup by using veggie crumbles. With all the flavors of traditional stuffed peppers, but with much more ease, try this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup! Two things came together to make this soup happen. First, I keep getting a ton of peppers in my CSA box.
Stuffed Pepper Soup - Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
They are mostly small-ish peppers that are too small for stuffing. Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers - Hearty, protein/fiber loaded peppers packed with so much flavor - and it's all made in the crockpot. Place peppers into the slow cooker. Return skillet to heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent. Fill to the top with rice mixture, and top with the remaining cheese.