Tomato pie. This tomato pie recipe is a result of one of these encounters. It's a savory pie, not sweet, filled with fresh garden tomatoes, sprinkled with basil, and held together with a mixture of mayonnaise and. Italian tomato pie is an Italian-American baked good consisting of a thick, porous, focaccia-like dough covered with tomato sauce.
A savory summertime Tomato Pie made by layering tomatoes slices, basil onion and a cheese spread into a pie crust and baking it until golden and bubbly. But what is a tomato pie exactly? Certain tomato pies, like the ones popular in Philadelphia "The bakery tomato pie starts with pan-proofed, focaccia-like dough that's topped with a chunky tomato. You can have Tomato pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato pie
- You need 1 of 9" pie shell.
- You need 1 c of chopped onion, carmelized.
- Prepare 3 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh basil.
- It's 2 cup of sharp Cheddar/Monterey Jack or Gruyere/Mozzarella.
- It's 3/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce.
Tomato Pie - layers of cheese, juicy ripe tomatoes, and fresh garden herbs There is nothing quite like the taste of a fresh juicy tomato from the vine! This tomato pie recipe captures the essence of. … Fresh Tomato Pie Recipe with homemade pie crust: … It's quick, easy and absolutely delicious. You'll find the step-by-step instructions below plus a printable recipe at the bottom. Slice into Paula Deen's classic Tomato Pie recipe from Food Network: It has a store-bought pie shell and is a cheesy summer side dish or a meatless main course.
Tomato pie instructions
- Cook pie crust..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Squeeze moisture from tomatoes..
- Layer onions, tomatoes, basil.
- Mix mayonnaise, hot sauce, pinch of salt & pepper, cheese in bowl..
- Spread cheese mixture on top..
- Bake until browned & bubbly (25-45 min.).
If you are a fan of tomato pies, you know they can often be soggy and unappetizing. Raw tomatoes (which are fabulous in BLT sandwiches) are naturally full of water, which. It is an easy, cheesy, delicious dish filled with fresh tomatoes and a combination of cheeses and mayo. Tomato Pie has become one of my favorite summer dishes! Tangy, buttery, and bursting with tomato flavor.