Vegetarian moussaka. Vegetarian Moussaka. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This easy gluten-free and vegetarian moussaka from Eat Well for Less is the comfort food every veggie needs in their life. Although this Vegetarian Moussaka probably has very little to do with the authentic Greek dish — well, apart from the fact that it's made with layers of sliced eggplants that is — I think that it still deserves to.
Moussaka (moo-sah-KAH) is perhaps the most widely recognized Greek dish. It is a layered casserole traditionally made with eggplant, cheese, meat sauce, and béchamel, a white sauce where warm milk. This Vegetarian Moussaka is a meatless version of the classic Greek dish. You can cook Vegetarian moussaka using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian moussaka
- You need 3 cups of Boiled Pasta.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini cut in sliced.
- It's 3-4 of Eggplant cut in sliced.
- You need 1-2 of Tomato cut in sliced.
- You need of For the red sauce:.
- It's 3 of Tomato.
- It's 1 tsp of Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seed.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped Olives/Mushroom/ or both.
- It's 1 cup of Chopped Parsley/ Kale or Spinach.
- You need 1 tsp of Corn flour.
- You need 3-4 of Green Chilli finely chopped(no or less depending on taste).
- It's 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of For the Béchamel sauce:.
- It's 5 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- You need 3/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- It's 1 cup of Parmesan cheese/ Mayonnaise.
- It's of Salt and pepper As per taste.
Traditionally, moussaka is made with meat as well as vegetables. It's actually a layered casserole dish, very similar to lasagna. Vegetarian Moussaka recipe - The secret is in the sauce. To prepare a traditional Greek Moussaka recipe, luscious layers of mince beef (or lamb) are cooked in a tomato based sauce, layered with.
Vegetarian moussaka instructions
- Baked sliced vegetable at 425 Fahrenheit till golden almost 7-10 mins.
- For red sauce: can use ready pasta sauce or tomato, but here I blend 3 tomatoes with Oregano, black pepper.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil, add cumin seeds, then roast olives for 3-4 mins and add tomato purée along with corn flour and chilles.
- Add spinach,salt and cook mix well and cook till thick like pasta sauce.
- For Bechamel Sauce: In pan take oil, add flour, salt and pepper mix well then add milk and cheese or mayo, whisk well on slow flame.
- Once it cook well and pretty much thick, off the flame. In baking tray spray it with oil then add pasta,layer of baked vegetables then tomato sauce and layered with bechmel.
- Again place some veggies and oregano and baked till golden brown at 425 F in oven..
This basic recipe has an almost meaty flavor thanks to the inclusion of portobello mushrooms. This classic Greek dish is made with aubergines, potatoes Enter: Delicious Creamy Ricotta Vegetarian Moussaka with Extra Carbs or Vegetable Moussaka for. Vegetarian moussaka - a classic Greek dish made with aubergine and lentils in a rich tomatoey sauce. The perfect healthy vegetarian comfort food! This vegetarian / vegan moussaka recipe uses portobello mushrooms and seitan instead.