You can have Stewed Tomatoes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stewed Tomatoes
- It's 10-12 of fresh large vine ripe tomatos.
- Prepare 1 of small purple onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of each granulayed sugar, salt, and dryed italian seas.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of each black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of both fresh basil and oarsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh grated romano cheese.
Stewed Tomatoes step by step
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add onion and garlic, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook on low until tender about 5 minutes.
- Peel and core then slice tomatos.
- Add tomatoes to pot with onios and add pepper and italian seasoning. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened to a stew like consistancy, about 90 minutes depending on how juicy the tomatoes are..
- Add parsley, basil, green onions and romano cheese, turn off heat and stir them in.
- Serve as a side dish or serve on crusty bread.