Veal Piccata. Veal piccata is such a simple dish, which might be why it's such a classic comfort food—because where's the comfort in toiling away in the kitchen all night? This veal piccata recipe, made with cutlets and butter and parsley, is a classic Italian dish. Very thin cutlets, called scaloppine, are essential to dishes such as veal piccata.
Easy recipe for classic Veal Piccata. Lightly coated thin veal cutlets sauteed and cooked with capers, wine, butter and lemon sauce. Veal Piccata is another classic Italian recipe. You can have Veal Piccata using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Veal Piccata
- Prepare 1 pound of veal cutlets pounded thin with a jacquard.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth combined with 1 box chicken Demi-glacé.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It's 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- It's 1 Tbs of capers drained and rinsed.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cold butter.
- Prepare To taste of Assorted fresh herbs chopped (I used basil, thyme, parsley, and oregano).
- Prepare as needed of Seasoned flour for dredging.
- Prepare To taste of Salt and pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes to taste.
- You need As needed of Oil and butter for sautéing.
- It's 1 of shallot or one slice of sweet onion chopped fine.
- Prepare of Too garlic cloves finely minced.
Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour. Combine the melted butter and olive oil in a large Transfer the veal to a serving platter. Chef John of Michael's of Brooklyn, shows you how to make a great Veal Piccata Dish. For more information about Michaels of Brooklyn visit the website.
Veal Piccata instructions
- Heat oil and butter, about 2 tablespoons of each, in a large sauté pan until very hot. Add veal to pan after dredging with flour and cook on both sides until brown. Remove to a plate..
- Into the skillet the veal was cooked, add onions and salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook onions until soft. Then add garlic and cook for one minute. Now add white wine and cook until reduced to almost nothing. Add chicken stock and lemon and cook until reduced by half..
- Then add capers and butter and swirl until this sauce becomes creamy doing this on very low heat. Remove from heat before the butter has finished melting. Add herbs and pour over veal to serve..
Veal piccata is a simple, Italian dish that can be found in most of your favorite Italian restaurants. Place veal slices between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness. Cooking the veal in batches ensures that the meat browns nicely. Chicken or pork cutlets may be substituted for veal. Mix soy flour, salt and pepper on a plate.