Eggplant Parmesan Bake. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. We bake the eggplant instead of frying for less calories and mess. Delicious Baked Eggplant Parmesan with crispy coated eggplant slices smothered in cheese and marinara.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Their eggplant Parmesan inspired the eggplant lasagna in my cookbook, which includes long strips of roasted eggplant layered between the noodles and marinara. Have you had the chance to try that one? You can cook Eggplant Parmesan Bake using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan Bake
- You need 1 lb of Eggplant.
- It's 1 small of Zucchini.
- Prepare 1 small of Yellow Squash.
- It's 1 large of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of Red onion.
- It's 1 cup of Of Sliced Mushrooms.
- It's 1/2 cup of Of Mozzarella Cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- It's 2 tbsp of Of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 of Lemon pepper seasoning (optional) or Salt & Pepper.
- It's 1 of Parsley Flakes for Garnish.
- Prepare 1 jar of Of your choise of pasta sause.
Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. Season eggplant slices all over with salt and place on baking sheet Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan on top. An easy recipe for keto eggplant Parmesan made with almond flour. This flavorful dish is baked in your oven.
Eggplant Parmesan Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roughly chopp and Saute Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Red onion, Red pepper and Mushrooms till crisp tender (about 5-8 min). Remove from heat and season with 1 tblspoon of Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and lemon pepper or salt & pepper to taste..
- In a bowl mix together Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese. Slice Eggplant into 8 1in slices, lightly season and pan fry over medium heat with a little butter or olive oil (about 2 min on each side)..
- In a 8x8 baking dish lay 4 slices of Eggplant to cover the bottom of the dish. Add Sauteed Veggie mixture over the Eggplant. Top with half Jar of pasta sauce (enough to cover Veggies) then top with 1/2 cup of cheese mixture. Next, lay the last 4 slices of Eggplant to cover the Veggie mixture. Top with remaining pasta sauce and cheese. Think of it as if you were layering lasagna..
- Bake till the Cheese is golden brown. Garnish with Parsley Flakes and Remaining Italian Seasoning. Let it sit for 10 min before serving.
If you like eggplant, I am certain that you will consider this recipe a delicacy. Let cool; cover with foil and chill. Today's post is sponsored by Bertolli! Generously salt the eggplant and place in a colander. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan is a lighter twist on the classic Italian recipe.