Davidcito's Stuffed Squid.
You can have Davidcito's Stuffed Squid using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Davidcito's Stuffed Squid
- Prepare 2 of squid tubes.
- You need 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
- It's 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 20 small of oregano leaves, chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of chipotle pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It's 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated pecorino (romano) cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Italian parsley, chopped.
- It's 200 grams of squid tentacles, chopped.
- You need 2 of toothpicks.
Davidcito's Stuffed Squid instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Cut tentacles into small pieces and saute in hot oil for 3 minutes. Remove tentacles with slotted spoon and let cool..
- Add tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, sea salt and chopped oregano leaves to the oil, and simmer for 10 minutes..
- While sauce simmers, stir together remaining ingredients (sauted tentacles, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, chipotle powder) in a bowl. Stuff the squid tubes with this mix and weave a toothpick across the opening to shut it. Heat two more tablespoons of oil and brown squid tubes all over for about 5 minutes or until squid isn't releasing liquid anymore..
- Cover squid with sauce and simmer, covered for 30 minutes until squid is tender. Serve hot with sauce..