Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs. Try this Gluten-free and dairy-free Italian Turkey Meatballs recipe. We have no doubt that you will love it! In this healthy turkey meatball recipe, a base of sautéed mushrooms, celery and garlic adds flavor and helps keep calories in check and portions hearty.
They are the perfect family friendly meal for any night of These little meatballs make a great appetizer with toothpicks inserted, or have them for lunch with good Italian bread, or dinner over pasta. Healthy Turkey Meatballs without breadcrumbs baked in the oven until juicy inside and golden outside. There is a belief that turkey is leaner than beef. You can have Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs
- It's of Meatballs.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Ground Turkey, 93% lean.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs.
- It's 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic, Minced.
- It's 1 tsp of Kosher Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic, Smashed.
- Prepare 28 oz of can Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 4 pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Basil Chopped or parsley.
The truth is only if you choose ground turkey made from breast meat only, otherwise dark meat and skin. Turkey Meatballs - Easy, healthy and full of flavor. Low in carbs and fat and high in protein. This healthy crockpot turkey meatball recipe is amazing and I can't wait for you all to try it!
Healthy Italian Turkey Meatballs instructions
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 2 tablespoons each..
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn..
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with bay leaf. Add garlic and oil..
- Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set slow cooker to low, 4 to 6 hours..
- When meatballs are ready, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss in some fresh basil or parsley or both!.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, over pasta, or enjoy it in a hoagie roll as a meatball sandwich.
It's so easy and healthy, you won't believe your taste buds! I have never found a turkey meatballs recipe that I really liked that much, until I tried these! Needless to say, I was SHOCKED by how tender and full of flavor this turkey meatballs recipe is. Italian baked turkey meatballs are juicy and healthy, made with lean ground turkey and baked instead of fried. This easy turkey meatball recipe is delicious on pasta, in meatball subs, and makes a great appetizer when served alongside marinara sauce.