Lexie’s Chicken Florentine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and. Florentine chicken is a tasty casserole made with cooked spinach and chicken in a creamy sauce, and a ham and Parmesan cheese topping.
Perfectly seared chicken breasts are nestled into a decadent cream sauce that's bolstered. We are now a homesteading family and love our sweet chickens. We utilize them in every way imaginable from pest control (they eat ticks and bugs!) to eggs to the meat. You can cook Lexie’s Chicken Florentine using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lexie’s Chicken Florentine
- It's 3-4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts; pounded even (1”-1 1/4” in thickness).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee if you have it).
- It's of Salt and pepper.
- It's 8 ounces of white mushrooms (sliced or quartered).
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flour.
- It's 1/3 cup of white wine.
- It's 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 3 cups of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
This easy chicken florentine casserole is quick and easy to prepare. I've been away this week on a business trip this week. Classic chicken Florentine--creamy spinach served atop sautéed chicken cutlets--is a fast and easy meal. To keep calories lower, this recipe uses cornstarch to thicken the cream instead of cheese.
Lexie’s Chicken Florentine instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan (cast iron skillet is best!). Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper..
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on medium-medium high (6 or so on an electric stove) for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through..
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the pan..
- Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel..
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute more..
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Cook for 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half..
- Stir in the cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half and has started to thicken. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper..
- Add the spinach to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Stir the mushrooms into the sauce..
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken..
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve as is, or over pasta 😋.
Creamy Chicken Florentine Soup Recipe - This easy, creamy chicken florentine soup recipe is simple to make using just a few common ingredients. This recipe for Chicken Florentine combines golden brown chicken breasts, mushrooms, spinach and garlic in a creamy white wine Parmesan sauce that will knock your socks off. Chicken Florentine is a delicious chicken and spinach casserole that freezes well. This Chicken Florentine recipe is creamy, hearty and transforms boring chicken breast and bland spinach into a delicious dinner everyone will love! Had all the ingredients for the Chicken Florentine Alfredo with Fettuccine, except for the baby spinach.