Smothered chicken. Smothered chicken is basically semi-fried chicken and pan gravy. After watching Anita Baker prepare her Smothered Chicken on Oprah, I decided to try hers. This smothered chicken recipe is easy and delicious.
Easy, succulent and tender chicken recipe! The Best Smothered Chicken Thighs Recipes on Yummly Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, Classic Garlic-baked Chicken Thighs, Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka Masala With Potatoes And Cauliflower. You can cook Smothered chicken using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered chicken
- It's package of chicken breast flattened with mallet.
- It's package of mushrooms chopped.
- It's 2 of bell peppered julienned.
- It's 2 of sliced onions.
- You need package of smoked bacon.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- It's 3-4 of chopped roma tomatoe.
- It's 1 of ball of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It's 1/4 cup of white wine (optional).
Smothered chicken - A soul food that looks delicious and has a unique wonderful flavor. Smothered Chicken goes well with rice, mashed potato, and bread. The chicken was juicy and the. Tender chicken smothered in a creamy homemade onion and garlic gravy.
Smothered chicken instructions
- Make bacon in skillet, remove and drain extra oil from pan, but not all...
- Season and sautee flattened chicken breast in pan with bacon grease and maybe a tablespoon of olive oil or butter.... you could also add about 1/4 cup of white wine to the pan once chicken is browned..
- Remove chicken and add sliced onion, bell pepper, mushroom. Season with salt and pepper..
- Place chicken in oven safe pan. Add cooked mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and garlic..
- Next add chopped bacon pieces and tomatoes.
- Add grated cheese on top.
- Preheat: Bake 400° for 15-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- *(flatten out chicken breast with soft side of mallet to your liking) you may need to cut in half.***********.
Whenever I make Southern Smothered Chicken, it reminds me of my childhood- when I lived in the 'hood. Try my Smothered Chicken and Gravy recipe! Don't forget the rice or mashed potatoes! I only used boneless, skinless chicken because that's all I had. Zucchini, Feta and Squash Blossom Pasta.