Italian Grilled Cheese.
You can cook Italian Grilled Cheese using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Grilled Cheese
- You need of Per sandwich.
- It's 2 oz of mozzarella cheese, sliced.
- Prepare 2 slice of soft fresh bread (foccacia).
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of half & half.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes (optional).
- You need of olive oil for frying.
- Prepare of flour for dredging.
- Prepare of Italian Spicy Gourmet Salami Pack.
Italian Grilled Cheese step by step
- Top 1 Slice of bread with enough mozzarella to cover bread slice. Layer your choice of salami slices on top. Sprinkle a small pinch of red pepper flakes to taste. Top with a second slice of bread..
- Whisk the eggs with the Half and Half in a small casserole dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- Add the flour to a separate casserole dish. Dust the sandwiches in the flour, and then dip both sides into the egg mixture..
- Heat about 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Add the sandwiches to the pan and fry on both sizes until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. The mozzarella should be completely melted and very "stringy" when the sandwich is eaten..
- Slice the sandwiches in half to make 2 triangles. Allow to rest for 5 minutes for the cheese to slightly set Serve warm and ENJOY!.