Spring Pesto, Veg and Feta Tart.
You can have Spring Pesto, Veg and Feta Tart using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spring Pesto, Veg and Feta Tart
- Prepare of For the pesto (you will only use 1/2 to 2/3 of this and the rest is great in a Caprese salad or stirred into pasta).
- Prepare of Small bunch basil.
- It's Handful of rocket.
- Prepare Handful of spinach.
- It's 40 g of nuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of water.
- You need 1/2 of lemon, juiced.
- It's 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large garlic cloves.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For the tart.
- You need 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry (375g).
- It's 1 of large courgette.
- You need 100 g of asparagus.
- It's of Couple of spoonfuls of Caramelised Onion Chutney or 1 red onion [sliced thinly and caramelised over a low heat with 2 tsp butter, 2tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar].
- Prepare Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- You need 100 g of Feta cheese.
- You need 1 of small egg or 1 tbsp milk as a wash.
- It's of Black pepper.
Spring Pesto, Veg and Feta Tart instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C..
- Use a vegetable peeler to make the courgette into ribbons. Peel on 4 sides until you reach the seedy middle which should be in a cuboid shape (this is perfect to add to soups, pasta or omelettes)..
- Sprinkle with a small layer of salt..
- Cut the asparagus lengthways so they are about 5mm thick (usually in half but may need to be in thirds)..
- Blend together the pesto ingredients until smooth, bright green. Adjust to taste..
- Lay out the puff pastry sheet on a baking sheet with the attached baking paper..
- Spread half the pesto in a layer over the puff pastry, leaving a border. You shouldn’t be able to see any pastry below the pesto so use more if needed..
- Pat the courgette dry and, without breaking the ribbons, try and remove as much liquid as possible..
- Lay the asparagus over the pesto then lay the courgette ribbons in waves all over the tart. Some should be sticking upright and some laying down to give different textures..
- Dot the halved tomatoes around the tart and then drizzle or spray olive oil over the surface..
- Do an egg or milk wash over the border and then bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and underneath. Sprinkle the feta over after 15 minutes. You may need to put foil over the edges if they are browning too quickly..
- Crack some black pepper over the top and then cut into 4 pieces. Serve warm!.