Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!!. Italian-style meatloaf is a spin on the classic dish with Italian seasonings, sweet marinara sauce This twist on the classic meatloaf is a great main dish that can stretch well with accompaniment of sides. My husband said it was the first meatloaf EVER that he didn't need to put. Everybody loves meatloaf, but sometimes it can be a bit bland.
This meatloaf recipe is The reason milk is added in meatloaf is that it soaks the bread crumbs which add needed moisture to the meatloaf. We loved this recipe and wouldn't change a thing. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. You can have Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!! using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!!
- It's 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It's 1 of bell pepper chopped.
- You need 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- It's 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 jar of Marinara sauce Classico or any other preferred brand.
As an ex-Olympic style weightlifter I've been enjoying your Crossfit tales. Read the Non-ketchup meatloaf recipes needed discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Ketchup food community. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the. I grew up eating just the regular ol' classic meatloaf with the ketchup on top - I'm guessing many of y'all did I need to make meatloaf more - it's not only economical but easy as well 🙂.
Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!! step by step
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Optional step Sauté onions and bell pepper in a pan with butter, and a pinch of salt and pepper, set aside to let cool..
- In a large mixing bowl mix the, beef, egg, and bread crumbs together until well mixed..
- Open the can of stewed tomatoes and drain the juice into a cup, and set aside for later use.
- Remove tomatoes from the can and chop, then add to the mixing bowl and mix until well mixed.
- Then mix In chopped onions and bell peppers until well mixed.
- Add the sauce from the sewed tomatoes, until the mixture is as “wet” as is preferred. Note It should be like a wet sponge but not soaked..
- Wrap a deep sided barking pan in aluminum foil, and take a few table spoons (2 or 3) of the Marinara and lightly cover the foil..
- Place preferred loaf sized of meat loaf in the pan, then lightly cover the loaf(s) with the Marinara.
- Bake 30-45 minuets or until the meat has reached 165 degrees on the thickest part of the loafs..
- Personal note I use small personal loaf pans to shape small loafs so everyone gets their well loved slice end or middle, there is plenty to go around.
Meatloaf is one of those foods that either people love it or they hate it - there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. Island style pork tenderloin is both delicious and easy to make. It starts with a spice rub, and is finished with a sweet pineapple glaze baked in the oven. Meatloaf is a dish made from ground meat (usually combined ground beef and pork) and formed into a loaf. Aside from the meat, different vegetables and spices are added to provide additional flavor.