Easy Grilled Sausage Skillet.
You can cook Easy Grilled Sausage Skillet using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Grilled Sausage Skillet
- Prepare 3/4 lb of heirloom baby carrots or regular baby carrots.
- You need 1 large of white onion, cut into large slices.
- You need 1 1/2 medium of green peppers, cut into thicker strips.
- It's 1 can of diced tomatoes, (14.5oz).
- You need 1 can of stewed tomatoes (14.5oz).
- It's 2 cup of uncooked instant white rice.
- It's 4 cup of water, divided.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 5 of grilled spicy Italian sausages.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
Easy Grilled Sausage Skillet instructions
- slice sausages into quarter size circles..
- in a large skillet add sausages, carrots, red pepper flakes and half the water. cover with lid..
- heat on high and cook until carrots are half done. stir occasionally..
- add onions and green pepper. keep covered and cook until they are half done. about 5 min..
- lower heat to medium add both cans tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste..
- heat covered for about 5 more minutes..
- remove lid add rest of water and rice..
- cook until rice is done and liquid is gone. stir often..
- I use heirloom carrots because they are colorful. red, yellow, orange,.purple, green,.makes a colorful dish. but regular carrots will do just fine..
- I make this when I have leftover Italian sausages from a bbq. if using fresh sausage...cook sausage first by slicing into the coin shapes and saute in skillet with a bit of oil before adding carrots and water. or grill whole on grill until done then slice..