Lemon Chicken Piccata.
You can cook Lemon Chicken Piccata using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Prepare of Chicken.
- It's 2 packages of Chicken tender loins.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of large lemon (for zest).
- You need of Sauce.
- It's 2 1/2 tsp of Flour.
- You need 2 1/2 clove of Minced garlic.
- It's 1/2 cup of Dry white wine.
- You need 2/3 cup of Chicken broth.
- It's 1/2 of Lemon (for juice).
Lemon Chicken Piccata step by step
- In a mixing bowl, mix eggs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon zest..
- In a large non-stick skillet, put olive oil and swish around so it covers the entire bottom of the pan. Heat on low.
- While the oil heats, put as many chicken pieces into the mixing bowl as you can. Let sit until all the egg mixture is absorbed..
- Place chicken in skillet. Heat on medium for 3-5 min. Then flip over with a spatula. Flip carefully so as not to lose the egg batter..
- Keep flipping every 5 min until golden brown. Check that the chicken is fully cooked by cutting the fattest part. If it is white, the chicken is cooked. If it is pink or red, the chicken needs more time..
- Remove cooked chicken and place on a plate and reduce the pan's heat to low..
- (For sauce. If not using sauce, recipe is done at previous step.) Add garlic to pan and stir. Let sit until garlic starts to turn brown (about a minute).
- Deglaze the garlic with white wine. Stir and let sit for a few minutes so the wine cooks off..
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Stir..
- Then add flour- the more flour, the thicker so add to desired consistency. Then turn off heat..
- Pour sauce over chicken. Serve and enjoy. Delicious with spaghetti squash. Leftovers last in fridge for 5-7 days..