Nana' s Meatloaf. I love to sauté my veggies to enhance their flavors to the meatloaf. Do not hesitate to use meatloaf starters. Place beef, sausage, eggs and panko in a large bowl.
Add the olive oil to a large pan on medium heat, and sauté the diced pepper and onion until Slice Meatloaf and serve with scalloped potatoes and green beans. Momma's Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever! This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top! You can cook Nana' s Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nana' s Meatloaf
- You need 1 large of egg or two small.
- It's 3 clove of fresh minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It's 2 1/2 tsp of Tyme, oregano Can use an Italian mix.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt, of course less can be used..
- You need 1/2 medium of chopped onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup (optional).
- Prepare 2 medium of Sized hot Italian sausage or 3/4 cup of ground. remove skin if using tube sausage..
- It's 1 small of Tomato.
- You need 1 large of Jar of your favorite tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce..
- It's 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, If looking for gluten free, or low carb you may omit this step entirely..
- It's 2 lb of lean ground beef, or turkey. i use extra lean, so there's no extra fat.
Meatloaf is one of the classic, quintessential. Meatloaf-meets-Wellington-meets-sausage-roll and with a line of hard-boiled eggs hidden inside. Meatloaf made moist by the addition of mashed banana and soft bread crumbs, and zesty A great alternative to regular meatloaf! The bananas don't overpower and the mustard imparts a great flavor.
Nana' s Meatloaf step by step
- Begin by allowing meat to sit out for a little so it's not so uncomfortably cold to handle. Be sure not to let it sit out for too long as this is not good. Just enough to be comfortable to handle. extra cold raw meat can cause discomfort to the person mixing it by hand, so often times this process is rushed, and the ingredients are not mixed properly..
- This can be cooked in both the crock pot and oven. If cooking in oven be sure to cover lightly with foil. Allow to vent. Preheat oven to 375, and cook for 40mins If using crock pot method cook on low for 3-4 hours..
- In a large mixing bowl, add sausage and blend well with beef. shape meat into a crater. Add egg, and mix well. Shape back into crater..
- Chop fresh garlic, onion, tomato , and ketchup place into crater.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt, and fresh herbs, or Italian seasoning.
- Add bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese.
- Blend thoroughly..
- Pour sauce on bottom of baking dish or crock pot. If baking, cover loosely with foil to allow venting. Otherwise, place in crock pot, set on low, for 3-4 hours..
Contact Meat Loaf on Messenger. meatloaf.net. Producer · Musician/Band · Movie/Television Studio. This classic meatloaf recipe will be a family favorite for years to come. Mix ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and a few more ingredients to create a tasty blend for your meatloaf. Try this tasty, easy meatloaf made with onion soup mix and ketchup.