Manicotti. This has all the good stuff - ricotta, mozzarella, eggs and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and stuff this yummy stuffing into pre-cooked manicotti. Manicotti (the plural form of the Italian word manicotto), literally, "little sleeve" (< manica 'sleeve' + the diminutive ending -otto), is an Italian American form of pasta.
I've included everything you need to know about how to make Manicotti as well as how to make ahead and how to. This easy Manicotti recipe is made by stuffing a lasagna noodle with a three cheese mixture, covering it in homemade sauce, and baking it in the oven. This manicotti recipe is made with delicate crepes instead of dried pasta, and the result is something heavenly. You can have Manicotti using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Manicotti
- You need 1 lb of Ricotta.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Parmesan.
- It's 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Basil and parsley (fresh).
- You need 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 8 oz of Mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 box of Manicotti.
- You need 1 of Sautéed mushrooms and spinach optional.
- You need 1 lb of Sauce homemade :).
There are two types of stuffed manicotti in the world. See more ideas about Manicotti, Manicotti recipe, Cooking recipes. This Chicken and Spinach Manicotti is super easy to make, and smothered in a Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce. Manicotti is a great dish for Christmas or Christmas Eve.
Manicotti step by step
- Spray 9 by 13 inch cooking pan and preheat oven to 350. Cover bottom with thin layer of sauce. Fill noodles with above ingredients. Place in pan. Cover with sauce all over! 1 pound. Put ,mozzarella and Parmesan on top. Bake for 20 minutes covered and 5-10 uncovered..
If you're planning a dinner party, you can The delicate crepes give the manicotti a lightness you just don't get with pasta. Manicotti is a pasta noodle shaped like a tube. Manicotti is a dish of great comfort. It makes plenty, it's filling, it's completely family-friendly, and the leftovers are even better than the freshly made batch. These manicotti are the epitome of comfort food.