Mike's Easy Meatball Subs.
You can have Mike's Easy Meatball Subs using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Easy Meatball Subs
- You need of Easy Meatball Subs.
- It's 6 of Fresh 6" Sub Rolls.
- Prepare 1 of 26 oz Bag Lean Frozen Meatballs.
- Prepare 2 can of 24 oz Hunts Garlic & Herb Spaghetti Sauce.
- It's 1 can of 14.5 oz Stewed Tomatoes [with oregano, garlic & basil].
- You need 1 can of 6 oz Black Olives [halved].
- It's 1/3 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Diced White Onions.
- It's 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley [chopped].
- You need 1 tsp of Each: Onion Powder - Garlic Powder - Italian Seasoning - Dried Basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 cup of Shreaded Motzerella Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shreaded Parmesan Cheese.
- It's 1 of Banana Peppers Or Sport Peppers [garnish].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda [to reduce acidity - more may be needed].
Mike's Easy Meatball Subs step by step
- Place everything in a crock pot [except for bread & cheeses] and let cook for 4 hours on high and 6 to 7 hours on medium..
- If cooking stove top, place frozen meatballs in oven and bake as per manufacturers directions. Usually 25 minutes at 350°. Feel free to lightly season your meatballs any way you'd like before putting them in the oven..
- Add everything else except for bread, peppers and cheeses in a large pot and simmer for 25 minutes. Add fully baked meatballs and simmer 25 additional minutes..
- If your sauce tastes a bit too acidic due to the tomatoes, add 1/4 tsp Baking Soda to your simmering pot. Your sauce will foam up but no worries. Stir in, simmer again, then taste and add 1/4 tsp more if acidic taste persists. Repeat if necessary..
- Toast your rolls but be careful not to fully split your bread thru the middle..
- Place meatballs [leave whole or cut in half] and sauce on fresh sub bread. Top with Motzerella and Parmesean Cheese, Provolone works well as well and Banana Peppers or Sport Peppers. Serve with a side bottle of Tabasco..