quick Alfredo sauce. This alfredo sauce is lower in fat than most, as it is made with half and half. This is delicious over pasta and is easy to make. You can also make it the day before and refrigerate it until ready to use.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Quick Alfredo Sauce Is Easy-Why Buy? I've never found a store-bought sauce that I've really liked. You can cook quick Alfredo sauce using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of quick Alfredo sauce
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It's 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of pepper.
If you are like me, this sauce may be just the ticket. It's also creamy and cheesy-exactly what an Alfredo sauce should be. Love this recipe because it so easy to make, yet so good. Can add shrimp sautéed in garlic or ham and onion, be creative, add whatever you like and it's turns out great each time.
quick Alfredo sauce step by step
- In medium sauce pan melt butter. add cream cheese in chunks.
- mix well ... add milk, parm. cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- mix well... take off heat after one min.
- stir and serve over pasta.
- my favorite variation is to... add cooked chicken before taking off heat... just until chicken is heated thru... serve with broccoli and fettuccine.
Pasta is always a favorite at my house. I like serving this homemade fettuccine alfredo with a green salad, parmesan roasted asparagus , or carrots and zucchini. How to Make a Healthy Alfredo Sauce. For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour. After about two minutes, when the mixture is foamy and bubbling, add your liquid of choice to create a white sauce.