Chicken Puttanesca. In our version, chicken legs are gently oven-braised in puttanesca sauce until nearly falling off the bone. It's a low-maintenance, one-skillet dish that is easy to pull off on a weeknight. This Skillet Chicken Puttanesca comes together so quickly, you'll hardly believe how good it tastes.
Juicy chicken thighs are simmered in a rich tomato broth with olives and capers. Chicken Puttanesca - Pollo alla Puttanesca. You probably already know the delicious spaghetti alla puttanesca recipe. You can cook Chicken Puttanesca using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Puttanesca
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of light butter.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 Tbsp of capers, drained, rinsed, and chopped.
- You need 14 oz of diced tomatoes (canned).
Well, this recipe combines that fantastic sauce with a hearty chicken. Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Robyn Valarik. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. This lovely, gutsy sauce goes wonderful with chicken that has been sauteed first, then gently simmered in the sauce to absorb all the flavours.
Chicken Puttanesca step by step
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium..
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in skillet until juices run clear. Remove from pan and keep warm..
- Melt butter in same skillet, add garlic and red pepper. Cook about 30 secs..
- Stir in capers and add tomatoes, heat to a lightly bubbly (scrape pan for browned chicken pieces that still remain)..
- Spoon tomato sauce on plate and top with chicken..
Recipe courtesy of The Delia Collection: Chicken. When the chicken puttanesca has cooked, carefully remove the chicken parcels from the sauce and Place two chicken thighs on top of each mound of pasta and spoon over the puttanesca sauce. I have long been a fan of the Italian puttanesca sauce for This lovely gutsy sauce is also supremely good with chicken that's been sautéed first then gently. Loved this recipe it was awesome! Puttanesca is an Italian sauce with a history as sharp as its aroma.