Braised Beef and Tortellini in Marsala Cream Sauce.
You can cook Braised Beef and Tortellini in Marsala Cream Sauce using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Braised Beef and Tortellini in Marsala Cream Sauce
- It's 2 lb of Beef Strip loin.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- It's 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- It's 2 cup of Marsala cooking wine.
- You need 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes (seeded and diced).
- You need 2 cup of mushrooms (sliced).
- It's 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It's 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- It's 5 cup of cheese tortellini.
Braised Beef and Tortellini in Marsala Cream Sauce instructions
- In a non stick skillet. Heat oil in pan. Toss strip loin steaks in Flour and sear on each side..
- Reduce heat to minimum and add garlic, onion, thyme, and basil. Cook until onions are tender..
- Add Marsala cooking wine, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Cook on minimum covered for 5 hours..
- Remove steak from pan and set in fridge to cool. This will make slicing easier. Increase temperature of pan to medium, add whipping cream, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Cook until sauce has reduced to half..
- Meanwhile, after steak has cooled slice into thin strips. Once sauce has reduced, return steak slices to the sauce and increase heat to medium high. At this time cook cheese tortellini as directed on package..
- Strain tortellini and put back in the pot used to cook it. Now add the sauce and beef mixture to the tortellini and mix. Serve and enjoy..