Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti. Repeat with remaining manicotti and fill the pan with the stuffed shells, until you run out of shells and filling. Cover with a generous layer of marinara Pop open a bottle of red wine and eat! Stuff each cooked manicotti shell with filling mixture.
They also like eating the stuffing plain; I had to chase them away so I would have enough left for. This baked Manicotti recipe is creamy, cheesy, meaty, saucy, and deeply It's stuffed with beef, Italian sausage, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan but I've also included recipe variations for Cheese Manicotti, Spinach. This spinach stuffed manicotti recipe is SO good, and the garlicky tomato sauce goes SO well with the ricotta, Parmesan, and spinach stuffed into these very large pasta shells. You can cook Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Prepare 10 oz of Frozen Spinach (thawed completely and squeezed dry).
- You need 8 oz of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- It's 15 oz of Ricotta (or you could use cottage cheese instead).
- You need 4 oz of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shredded Romano or Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 2 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 box of (12-14 Shells) Manicotti Noodles (DO NOT COOK NOODLES).
- It's 4 cup of Marinara Sauce.
- It's 1/2 cup of Shredded Romano or Parmesan Cheese (for topping).
- It's of OPTIONAL:.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
Did I forget to say that it is a very easy recipe? How to make ricotta cheese and spinach filling. In a large bowl, mix spinach, cheeses, eggs, salt, and pepper and cooled sausage. Home » Recipes » Main Dish Recipes » Cheese Recipes » Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti.
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- If adding ground beef, brown and drain fat..
- In a large bowl; mix spinach, cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper (and ground beef if added)..
- Place about 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce in 9x13 inch pan. Spread it around to cover the bottom..
- Put the mixed filling into a plastic bag. (You can use either a frosting piping bag or a gallon zip bag.) Snip the corner, gather the top and squeeze the filling into the corner..
- Hold an uncooked manicotti shell in your hand and squeeze the filling inside the shell. Let it overflow on both sides. Place the filled shell into the sauce-lined pan..
- Repeat with remaining manicotti and fill the pan with stuffed shells, until you run out of shells and filling. (You should be able to fill 12-14 shells-if you run out of room in your pan, use a separate smaller pan to accommodate the extra.).
- Cover the pasta with marinara sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Romano/Parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and place it in the oven for 50 minutes..
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes..
The filling is made with ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and chopped spinach and the sauce is a homemade marinara that complements the manicotti without overpowering their flavor. This cheese manicotti is a family favorite in my house! I add spinach to make this dish a bit healthier and my kids don't even realize it's in there! Manicotti are just big empty pasta tubes that you fill up with good stuff. I can think of a hundred delicious things to stuff inside of.